Management of a Gas Pipeline Network is a sophisticated 24hr operation. Materials used during Distribution and Transmission construction vary, thus creating risk factors that differ greatly between different types of pipeline projects.
Managing and monitoring key tasks requires an enormous level of planning. Having an adequate amount of inspection resources with the requisite skills, knowledge & experience is paramount in managing a pipeline system.
IPEC Inspection Ltd. provides pipeline inspection services to support & safely manage the Gas Networks Ireland (GNI) pipeline network nationwide.
- 3D Laser Scanning & Pipeline Defect Assessment (P11 Pipeline Inspection, ASME B31 G etc.)
- Pressure System Safety Regulation Inspections (PSSR’s) on transmission AGI’s
- Specialised Non Destructive Testing
- Provision of pipeline inspectors & equipment to supervise excavation works close to GNI transmission and distribution pipelines
- Provision of experienced management agents to manage all aspects of the GNI inspection works
- Provision of qualified welding inspectors & equipment to supervise welding works on pipelines and within PRI’s as required
- Provision of construction supervision
- Provision of painting inspection services & supervision of painting works
- Provision of coating & wrapping inspection services & supervision of works
- Provision of inspectors to carry out rural line walks of transmission lines across the countries pipeline routes
- Carry out surveys on transmission watercourse crossings
- Supervision of transmission & distribution pipelines and within above ground installations (AGI’s)
- Leak surveys
- Administration resources